Thursday, June 11, 2009

Enterprise ST: (II - III)

Because I'm home so infrequently, I decided to rush as much crude detail onto this ship as possible in the last 24 hours or so. I sealed it all up, with the exception of the nacels which stay on very well without cement, provided you don't knock it over. From afar, the ship looks stunning, battle damaged and all, but I decided to go for the battle damaged look because it allows me to use pencil marks on the hull and brings a really good sense of scale to the model. Just don't look too close... I have another one in the mail, and eventually, I'll tackle doing a cleaner version. Still, there's much to be done with this one before she's finished. Enjoy the pictures of my current progress. 





The Desired Look:


Getting there...  The sad part is that I still have five more cans of spray paint that I know I will have to use before I'm fully done with this kit. There's too much space on this model for detail!  


1 comment:

Sithbanjo said...

This is a fantastic model, but you might want to shift some artwork in your den to enhance it. A starscape painting, or a framed poster of a Hubble telescope photo would make an awesome backdrop for the Enterprise!